Wednesday, January 6, 2010

A White Christmas for Me

Christmas in my family is never really on December 25th. I can't remember the last time we had Christmas on the scheduled calender day. All of my mom's side of the family tries to get together every year to spend the holiday together. That's close to thirty people trying to make their busy schedules work together and surprisingly we have been able to make it work for most of us for as long as I can remember. This year my family spent Christmas in Ruidoso, NM, a once every two or three years tradition, and with all of the snow Ruidoso has received, it was a good year to go.

My oldest sister Lesli drove all the way from Indianapolis with my niece and nephew and pregnant for the big event.
Their troopers!




~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

In an effort to help persuade my sister Kelly and her husband Chris that it is time for them to begin having children, Lesli and I gave them a few things they might need when the little ones begin to come along.


To Chris: we gave one of my nephews old baby onesie.


And, to Kelly: she got one of Lesli's maternity shirts, which Kelly quickly returned to Lesli to wear for the remainder of her pregnancy.

Lesli and I are hoping that sometime this year we will be able to begin to give them more of these items for real. We'll see!!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Besides opening presents, playing cards, and eating way too much, we played in the snow!! I didn't take clothes that were made for snow play, so I only spent a little time out in the winter weather. You would think someone who has lived in Prague would be better prepared for cold weather. Guess I'll never learn! I'm a warm weather girl, what can I say!












~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

My sweet family! Next year there will be a baby boy in the picture. Yep, Lesli is having a BOY!! And, who knows, Kelly and Chris might just have one of their own to add to the picture as well!

No comments:

Post a Comment